3D Engineering Solutions’ metrology labs meet the highest standards for performance, including ISO 17025 accreditation. It is staffed by degreed engineers who have the experience and skills to get the best results.
Each degreed engineer is a metrologist and is taught to be proficient in each of the technologies and software that we employ. From gage blocks to CT scanning and analysis, each staff member is well trained. They also are taught one of our CAD packages including: Siemens NX, SolidWorks, Creo and Revit. We purposely on board each new engineer one at a time and wait at least 5 months between each new hire. We find that grounding our staff in good basic metrology practices and allowing the existing staff to co-train new employees yields an excellent metrologist-engineer.
The metrology labs have the following specifications:
- Temperature controlled Class 10,000 clean rooms with 10,000 square feet of space
- CMM machines powered by PC-DMIS, Calypso and PolyWorks
- The best contact and touchless data collection equipment available
- AA pink granite surface plates
- High candle power lighting white rooms
- PPAP, FAI inspection and capability study support
- Certified and experienced GD&T professionals